The official start of winter is right around the corner. Is your home ready? It’s smart to start thinking of ways to stay warm while saving money now, before it gets even colder. Although we don’t experience extreme temperatures here in the Bakersfield area, you still want your home to be comfortable yet energy-efficient all season long!
How Insulation Helps Keep Your Home Comfortable
Insulation installation is essential to keeping any home warm during the winter and other cooler months. By insulating your home, you can experience not only warmer indoor temperatures but also sound reduction, lower energy bills and more.
Insulation works by stopping the transfer of heat—meaning it helps keep warm air inside during the winter.
In addition to improving interior comfort levels in the winter (and all year long), there are many benefits of insulating your home. Insulating can help:
- Maximize energy efficiency: Insulation helps prevent heat loss and increase the efficiency of your household’s HVAC system—meaning your heating and cooling equipment runs more efficiently!
- Reduce sound: Insulation helps reduces noise levels from outside and between other rooms and floors. This is especially useful in apartment buildings and other similar housing, where there is less privacy.
- Decrease air leakage: Insulation reduces the amount of warm air leaking to the outdoors, keeping your home warmer and making your heating and cooling system operate more efficiently.
- And more!
Types of Residential Insulation
There are a few different types of home insulation available on the market. Here at Broken Drum Insulation of Bakersfield, we specialize in:
- Batt fiberglass: One of the most common type of insulation, fiberglass insulation helps promote a healthier environment and prevent heat loss in your home.
- Blown-in fiberglass:“Blow-in” refers to a method of installation—blown-in insulation is installed with a special blowing device, and can be installed in many areas of a home, from the attic to the walls.
- Cellulose: Improve your home’s efficiency all year round with cellulose, one of the most environmentally friendly types of insulation available.
Schedule Insulation Installation in Bakersfield, CA
If you are considering installing insulation in your Bakersfield area home (retrofitting, or re-insulation), be sure to contact your local insulation contractor for an in-home evaluation. Get in touch with the team at Broken Drum Insulation of Bakersfield today!